Zamalah Postgraduate Scholarship
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 14:53
- Hits: 12676
UNIMAS Postgraduate Scholarship is a scholarship scheme created to encourage excellent graduate students to continue their study at Master and PhD level by research at UNIMAS.The creation of this scholarship is in line with the university’s efforts to intensify research activities and development parallel with its aspiration to become a well known research based university. Master and PhD student’s who are reading for a full time based project with an end result of the creation of thesis, invention or creative output are invited to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants’ Eligibility Criteria and Application Method
All student who have been accepted into a postgraduate course and meet the following eligibility criteria may apply:
- Registered as a Full Time student in a Master or PhD by research at UNIMAS
- Have an excellent academic result at undergraduate or Master level
- Have not received any scholarship or other financial assistance from other parties in order to defray cost of study.
- Final year student who are currently pursuing their bachelor degree that have an excellent academic record and intent to further their study to a Master course by research may also apply through their faculty.
- Priority is given to Malaysian students, nevertheless, overseas student may also apply.
Application must be made using the official application form and accompanied with a copy of the students degree, academic transcript and a detailed research proposal that must be certified by the supervisor. The application must be sent to:-
Centre for Graduate Studies
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak
94300 Kota Samarahan
The maximum duration for this scholarship is 2 years for a Master and 3 years for a PhD. Scholarship Rate Successful student will receive the following (or a combination of the following):-
- Monthly allowance RM1,000 for Masters or RM1,200 for PhD
- Examination fee (viva)
- * Master – RM1,000.00 (*subject to change)
- * PhD – RM1,500.00 (*subject to change)
Payment of Tuition Fees
UNIMAS Postgraduate Scholarship holders are exempted from paying tuition fees but any other fees placed by the University must be paid by the student.
CLOSING DATE ( SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM TO CGS ) : 31th JULY 2012 ( CLOSED )
INTERVIEW :______________ (*subject to change)