Research programme refers to graduate programme that is wholly research based. Student is assigned to an experienced member of academic staff as supervisor or to a supervisory panel. A panel is made up of graduate staff and experts from either within or outside the University.
The academic progress of research student is evaluated two times a year through progress reports. The degree is examined through the presentation of a thesis and a viva voce examination. A student who has satisfied the Graduate Studies Committee in all aspects of their work is eligible for the award of the degree.
The fields of specialisations that the university offers are available within the research niche of each faculty/institute/center. Potential students are advised to look for supervisor by directly contacting them. You can prepare your research proposal following the template here.
The research programmes UNIMAS offers are:Master by Research Programmes
Entry Requirements (as approved by Senate Nos. 02/2014 -13)
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent with at least CGPA of 2.50 and did not achieve CGPA of 2.75, may be admitted depends on rigorous internal evaluation, or
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent but with CGPA less than 2.50, may be admitted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field.
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate.
- For international students, a minimum IELTS Score of 5.5 or its equivalent ( eg. TOEFL-525; TOEFL Computer Test-196; TOEFL Internet Test 69-70 ) is required.
Duration of Study
The normal duration of study for a Master's degree (by research) is (2 - 4) years full-time or (3 - 6) years part-time.