Master Degree By Coursework
- Hits: 54058
Our coursework programmes are designed to extend knowledge and skills gained from the first degree and to develop new professional skills in graduates. The programmes involve lectures, seminars and project work. A minimum of 42 credits (CMBA - 44 credits) of study and a final Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.0 is required for the award of the Master degree by Coursework are offered every February and September and closing date will be announced here.
Enrol now for February 2014 intake of our Master Degree by Coursework.
- Opening date : NOW
- Closing date : 3 January 2014
- Result will be announce on 15 January 2014
Each coursework programme consists of a combination of compulsory subjects, electives and a research project. Each subject carries a weightage of 2 to 3-credit points, and assessments are through take home assignments, tests and end of semester examinations. Students' progress and performance in the research project are assessed through oral presentations and written reports.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (as approved by Senate Nos. 05/2012 -119)
Candidates must meet UNIMAS general requirements and specific requirements of the program (Please see at the course work program website as certain programs have specific requirements for entry). UNIMAS general requirements are as follows:-
A candidate for a course work program must possess:
- A Bachelor Degree with Honors with CGPA 2.75 and above from any institution of higher learning that is recognized by the Senate of Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, or
- Applicants with CGPA qualifications for a Bachelor Degree less than 2.75 but same or higher than 2.5 may be admitted if they can show evidence of working experience in a relevant field. For each year of relevant working experience they may be awarded a CGPA point of 0.05 to the current CGPA that they have. They must achieve a cumulative CGPA from both current CGPA plus working experience equivalent CGPA to that of 2.75 or more.
- Applicants with other relevant and equivalent qualification that is supported by the relevant faculty are to be brought to the Senate for approval.
For international students, a minimum IELTS Score of 6.0 or its equivalent (eg. TOEFL-525; TOEFL Computer Test -196; TOEFL Internet Test 69-70) is required.